AP Computer Science
(This test prep prepares students well for the revised high school AP Computer Science Exam in May) (10 wks)
Corresponding to the two sections (I and II) in the official AP Computer Science Exam, this prep is divided into two courses: AP Computer Science I and Computer Science II:
AP Computer Science I: (10wks of 2hrs ea) Section I test practice and review.
- Top down and bottom up implementation techniques.
- Object oriented design concepts
- Methods of encapsulation and information binding
- Procedural Abstraction
- Programming Constructs
- Text Outputs
- Control methods including recursions, sequential and conditional execution and iterations
- Expression evaluations
- Program Analysis , Searching and Sorting
- Standard Data Structures
Prerequisites: Basic concepts of Algebraic Functions and Logical Reasoning
AP Computer Science II (Free Response questions): (10wks of 2hrs ea) Section II test practice and review.
Prerequisites: Basic Java Syntax and Object Oriented Programming concepts.